Sunday, January 16, 2011

uh oh... nooooooo

Getting ready this morning was an adventure. I normally plug in and turn on my hair straightener and give it time to warm up while I go and gather up my clothes for the day, brush my teeth and sometimes I have time to refill the doggy water bowls.... But today... (cue the scary music) MY HAIR STRAIGHTENER WOULD NOT WORK! It never got hot! This is almost as bad as those few times in my life where my hair dryer quit working..... The last time I had a problem with my hair straightener was when Josh and I went to Gatlinburg before we found out that I was pregnant and I was vomiting so violently that somehow my hair straightener hit the floor and split into pieces!
Back to getting ready...
I tried to use my tiny hair straightener that I bought because I thought that I "wanted bangs". It doesn't get very hot so I had to go searching for my old giant barrel curling iron (because that thing gets REALLY hot). I ended up straightening my hair with a curling iron. I think this is very ironic.

Anyhoo, we made a trip to Wal-Mart and I purchased a new straightener. I will let you know how it works out tomorrow. Also on our way home, we smelled a skunk. Luke must have smelled it too because he started shaking his head and saying "soo wee" (shoo wee) and we just cracked up! He is at that age where he just randomly says things or repeats things. I hope everyone had a great weekend. We are going to try to do something fun tomorrow because Josh and I actually have the day off together!

No comments:

Post a Comment