Friday, June 26, 2009

Show us where you live: Master Bedroom!

You know the drill... it's Friday and the house tour is on at Kelly's Korner! This week it is the Master Bedroom! I love this room in our house! It has cathedral ceilings, even in the bathroom! I tried to use a calming color scheme in here...

This is the view from the hallway into the room
Looking in while actually standing in the doorway.

Josh and I have different nightstands. He purchased this bed soon after we met, as a bachelor, he decided he only needed one bedside table. I am glad he didn't buy two because I don't like everything to be matchy-matchy. His side is the one with the dark wood and the books, mine has the dainty table with a picture of us from our trip to Jamaica!


I am normally not in favor of the TV in the bedroom, but as ya'll know, I was so sick for many months at the beginning of my pregnancy and Josh took some of our tax refund and bought me this little TV. It has a built in DVD player, so we have managed to watch the ENTIRE Star Wars series after we decided to name the baby Luke! ha... The settee beneath is one of my FAVORITE pieces of furniture, ever! We have "sir Charles" the butler waiting on us 24/7 . No home photos are complete without a doggie... there is Dante!
This is the view to the left when you walk in. I am very proud of the picture grouping! I hung it one night and I LOVE IT!
All Half-off at the Hobby Lobby and the ornamental piece was part of their 66% off groupings! yay!




This is the master bathroom (my bathroom). We have those tall base cabinets, so I don't feel like a giant and there is a builder-version-chandelier... I plan on eventually changing that out with something more me.



Here is another view... It has the TALL ceilings too! I love them. I wish my bathroom was just a little bigger though. I think they did a good job with the space by utilizing the ceiling heights. That door next to the potty goes into my closet/linen closet.

Again, thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a GREAT weekend. Please leave me a comment... I love 'em!







15 comments:

  1. As always- your room looks great! We have such the same style- I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your night stand! I wish I had a cuter one, but Neil bought the set together before we were engaged!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bedroom! The colors look great..very calm and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Shana! Thanks for stopping by my bedroom:) Wow, you do have the same high ceilings...awesome! "Cathedral", that is the word...I was wracking my brain while I was typing trying to think of the right term for it and I guess I had a brain fart! Thanks for reminding me.

    Your room is beautiful! I love the 2 different nightstands. That is the problem with our set, too matchy-matchy. I love your arched window too, we don't have one of those:(

    So cute/funny about the name Luke and Star Wars - I love those movies. Great name choice!!

    Good luck with your ceiling if you decide to do something with it. Keep me updated:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet comment! I love your bedroom... it's so calm and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great room... love the window, the walls, the bedding, the symmetrical design... very nice :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome room! Where did you get the blue/green bedding? LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the iron wall hanging and the dream above the bed! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those ceilings! I want high ceilings!
    Love your bed and bedding....awesome room girl. You have style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for stopping by, I LOVE your blue/green quilt!!! The colors are so relaxing! And you high ceilings make you room seem sooooo open! I love it!
    -Ash-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just love the colors in your bedroom...they sorta match your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL ROOM! THANKS FOR SHARING AND FOR COMMENTING ON MY BLOG, TOO! BLESSINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love you room! Your bedding is so pretty -- very light and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful room! We have that same metal wall decor above our bed :)

    ReplyDelete