Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cinco de Mayo....

It is no secret that I went home for my Dad's birthday, which just so happens to be on Cinco de Mayo! I got into town around 2:20pm and called in an order to Bob Sykes Bar B Q for a LARGE cheeseburger (no onions) and a regular order of fries while I was on the interstate. Bob Sykes is the best place on earth and just happens to be directly across the street from my dad's office. I grabbed my food, drove across the street and settled in to eat while waiting for my sister, Seama, to meet me. I also happened to be travelling with our gigantic cat, Woogie. Turns out he had a UTI and that explains his recent strange bathroom behaviors.
Seama and I had a few errands to run before we met over at my dad's house to go to dinner. We went to Bama Fever and I bought Luke he cutest little Alabama booties to match the little hat that Laini had bought for him. We also went in the Blue Bumblebee (very super cute) and I bought a couple of things for the house. After the two stops, Seama thought she was going to die of hunger so we went through the Chick-Fil-A drive through before heading over to Publix to pick out a cake. For those of you who have never had the joy of shopping for groceries at a Publix, I can only wish that someday you will have the pleasure. Everything there is wonderful! Fresh produce, meats... the bakery is awesome, the deli is awesome, the flowers are awesome.... the staff is so helpful and nice! I could go on and on, hopefully you get the picture.
After Publix we went to the house. I got to see Sarabi (a cat that we have had since my youngest sister was like 3, she will turn 21 this year...) Sarabi is the last of the animals from my childhood, and it is always so comforting to see her run up the driveway to greet me. I dread the day when she is no longer my little welcoming committee. So I will spare you all the drama of actually figuring out WHERE we were going to eat, but we finally ended up at an Indian restaurant called Silver Coin. I got to see one of my sisters that I have not talked to or seen in almost seven years. Despite all of that time apart, we ALL had a really fun time at dinner. We laughed till our sides hurt and we had tears rolling down our cheeks. My dad always tells the funniest stories and had some doozies for us last night! After dinner we went back to the house and cut birthday cake and then parted paths for the night. I went to stay with my Nanny.
This morning, STORMS GALORE! I waited until a little after 11am before I left her house and headed back to my dad's office. I did take a detour to HomeGoods (the home portion of TJMaxx in ONE GIANT STORE). I ended up getting several things for my special Tea Party. When I finally got to the office, Seama pulled in the parking lot right behind me. We hung out for a while, played online, I ate some lunch, she ate most of my fries, and I headed out for home. I was nervous that the weather would make my trip home a nightmare, but thank GOD that I only had a lot of clouds and some light rain. The majority of the trip was great. I even made it through rush hour traffic in Nashville without much delay!
I am so glad to be home. I love Birmingham, but there is this sense of peace when I walk into my house. As soon as I pull in the garage from a trip, Dante is standing on the other side of the garage door into the house, barking excitedly. Josh says he does not think that Dante could live without me. He has to bribe him to bed by allowing him to sleep under the covers! Dante is my little Italian Greyhound. He is one of the great loves of my life. He normally sleeps with me, but under his OWN covers! In fact, he has jumped out of bed twice already to come into the living room and give me "the look" and ask me why I am still in here pecking away at the keyboard.... coming Dante!...

No comments:

Post a Comment